I just wanted to share some of the good recipes we enjoyed last month. Some of them were cheap, some less so, but we cooked nearly all our meals and I’ll call that a success!
- Spinach and Feta Quiche – I left out the mushrooms. We all ate it, and we ate it all!
- Chili – We actually made this twice, because it was so good. I added a chopped onion each time, and doubled the amount of beans and tomatoes to make it cheaper per serving and to stretch it out farther.
- Quinoa Broccoli Casserole – Delicious. The only way Owen will agree to eat broccoli.
- Pork Chops with Apple Chutney – A staple in our house. We made this one while Cole’s mom was visiting, as a treat.
- Sweet Potato Hash – One of my most favorite foods. I would eat this for any meal of the day. Usually we don’t make it ahead, and instead of baking the eggs, I just serve it along with some scrambled. Would be *really* cheap if you left out the sausage.
- Pizza Burgers – My new go-to quick meal for Owen. He likes them a lot, and they’re ready within 2 minutes. For those days when I want lunch without effort. (I eat $0.30 frozen burritos those days, but want something better for the baby.)